Saturday, September 5, 2009

9-5-09

I wanted a photo of Theo's. We used to go there on our way to the horse pasture when we were in high school (80's). Theo's has been around since the 50's, so my grandparents and parents also ate at this "hamburger joint." It's the kind of place where you pull up front under the awning, and the waitress comes to get your order at your car.

When I drove around back to get a better shot of the sign, I saw this super cool truck. It's Theo's truck. I went inside to let them know that I wasn't a weirdo. I just wanted to take some pictures. Theo was at the grill still cooking the burgers after all these years. (Maybe it's Theo Jr.?)

Here is a before and after:



Here is the black and white with some texture and some cloning:



I'm going to give Theo an 8x10. Maybe he'll hang it on his wall.

10 comments:

Anonymous September 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Test Comment

Marcy September 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Yay! It's working now!

Tracie September 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Great story, and such a cool truck!

Esther September 6, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

I'm sure Theo will appreciate that photo...and it would be cool if he hung in on their wall!! Great "after" photo...much better with the busy stuff cloned out.

Kelly September 6, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

What a great capture, chances are on another day the truck wouldn't be in that perfect spot.. Very cool!

Angela2932 September 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Hooray! You're comment space is working! WOOT! WOOT! If you do a search on 2peas, someone has a link to the code that you embed into your blog layout. I have mixed feelings about using. . . I mean, who wants to steal photos of my ugly tomatoes????? And I like seeing exif data. . . .I like your perspective in your photography, by the way. . . and have reallly noticed that over the last several days that you've been posting at POTD. Today, your first photo isn't showing up for me, though :( And welcome to POTD!

Shanna Jones September 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Love it!

Suzy September 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Yea I can finally post Marcy!!! Woot woot!! It says the 1st shot is unavailable but that 2nd one is awesome! I have a code for blogger to protect against right-clicking. Email me if you want it, or still need it.. suzy3175@yahoo.com

Amy September 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Very cool shot! I can't see the before, but the after is really nice! :)

Marcy September 6, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Wow! Thanks for all the comments y'all! I fixed the first picture...or actually replaced it with a before and after. Since my account at flickr is the free one, I'm trying to conserve the space.

About This Blog

Hi there! I'm Marcy. My husband and I have seven children. I love great photography! I believe that every person was created with awesome qualities. I want to catch that specialness with my camera. I'm interested in lifestyle photography on location. Real life. Real People. Absolutely amazing. I'm still learning! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP